Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Gunnlaugur Gudmundsson
Contributing MemberPosts: 635Gear list
Like?
Re: Well..
In reply to Gravi, 6 months ago

Gravi wrote:

Gunnlaugur Gudmundsson wrote:

I'm thinking about the Panasonic 12-35 f/2.8 - I would appreciate to hear from owners and to see some shots. Are you happy with this lens, general handling etc... (I have the GX7 so I don't want the Olympus 12-24, though it is undoubtedly great..)

What I like about the 12-35 is the versatility (landscape, architecture, environmental portraits, etc...)

The Pana 7-14 and Oly 9-18 are too wide for my tastes, maybe later...

Then it's the Olympus 12 f/2... that's a lens that interests me...

Any thoughts, advice, ideas?

As you can see from my gear list I have the GX7, the Panasonic 20 f/17 ll, the Panasonic Leica 25 f/1.4 and the Panasonic 14-140 f/3.5-5.6 ll.

-- hide signature --

I have it on my E-M5 and love it. Great, versatile, good IQ, compact. It is the lens I usually start out with when taking my camera. However, when I look at my favourite shots, many of them are not taken with this lens. For landscapes and architecture, most of my favourites are taken with the 9-18mm. For portraits the Oly 45mm or Pana 25mm. Close ups some tele or macro lens. So, my conclusion: the 12-35 is a great allrounder, but it does not replace the rest of my bag of lenses. Not even close.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Gravi

That's interesting, maybe I should bite the bullet and get the 9-18? I have the 25 for portraits... so?

-- hide signature --
 Gunnlaugur Gudmundsson's gear list:Gunnlaugur Gudmundsson's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 15mm F1.7 ASPH
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow