I just picked up my Sony A6000 - In stock everywhere?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
123Mike
Senior MemberPosts: 4,306Gear list
Like?
Re: Question about video stabilization
In reply to EinsteinsGhost, 6 months ago

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

viking79 wrote:

123Mike wrote:

sybersitizen wrote:

123Mike wrote:

... I'm a programmer, and I'm considering making a media playback and imaging organizing app for Android, and I'm looking at the video play back APIs, and it *looks* like it might be possible to display each frame at a different position, if the frames can be run through open-gl related apis fast enough... so I have to write software to deshake video that Sony couldn't be bothered to digitally stabilize for us...

You know this capability already exists in many consumer level video editing programs, right?

You know that not everyone uses these programs, right?

I want to not have to spend oodles of time editing video. I just want to copy the files to a USB drive, and then play it back using a media player in the living room. I wish media play back software has deshaking built in. In fact, I wish televisions had this feature built in. I could deshake all those purposely shaken tv shows. My wife likes to watch some of those shows, but I can't watch it, because the intentional (post process introduced) camera shake is unbearable.

My Samsung NX30 has DIS (digital image stabilization) for video which can be enabled separately, haven't tried it though.

I imagine more and more devices will add it. I like it for video since it doesn't add audible noise like a sensor or lens based stabilization can.

E-mount lenses don't produce any noises. The issue is that OSS lenses can't deshake the video like digital does. It's possible that the 18-55 just *really* sucks at it, and that something like the 18-105 *is* good at it, but $600 good grief. With the A33 I always had to do stuff to the video before showing it in the living room. With the A57 I didn't have to. It looks like with the A6000 it's going to need fidgeting with video again. Disappointed.

I believe RX10 is your best bet for video.

Yeah but that'd be a second camera an another $1200.

123Mike's gear list:123Mike's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS A3000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow