a6000 External Flash?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
symbology
Regular MemberPosts: 221
Like?
Re: a6000 External Flash?
In reply to kcamacho11, 4 months ago

If you need "all bounce capabilities" your options are limited.  If you refuse to use a shoe adapter, your options are limited even further.    If all of the above is true, you will need to use the Sony HVL-F43M flash.  If you do not mind adapters, you can use the HVL-F43AM, or the HVL-F58AM as they have the same "all bounce capabilities" as the HVL-43M.

I personally do not have an issue using the flash shoe adapter.  The Sony adapter is pretty short and works very well.

You did not mention wireless, or remote flash capability.  I have been using the Phottix Odin TTL remote triggers and I think they are the best way to go.   You can pair them (or the Pixel King TTL triggers) with any older Sony, or Minolta flash as long as it was designed for Digital.  All Sony flashes are full digital, while only the Minolta 3600HSD and 5600HSD are.  These two minolta flashes are the same as the original Sony flashes (HVL-F36AM, and HVL-F56AM).

You can get a set of remote TTL triggers and an older flash for the same price as the HVL-43M and it will be a much more versatile setup.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow