Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Kabe Luna
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,371Gear list
Like?
If I still owned a 5DIII, I could...
In reply to Horshack, 8 months ago

Horshack wrote:

Kabe Luna wrote:

The D800 beats the snot out of the 5DIII in any measure of or aspect of IQ dependent upon dynamic range and low read noise through ISO 1600. At this point, for anyone with eyes to see realizes that. However, high ISO in ample daylight is not the test of a camera's high ISO capabilities, I feel. Test these two in dim artificial (tungsten) light beyond ISO 1600, and you'll see the 5DIII fairly easily run away from the D800. The D800's high ISO weakness is the reason I've supplemented it with a Dƒ.

Can you show a demonstration of the 5DIII "running away" vs the D800 at High ISO?

...the OP has both, so maybe he'll supplement his initial test with a series in low tungsten light. Amp noise on the D800 alone makes dynamic range and color fidelity at ISOs higher than 3200 progressively worse than one might anticipate.

Have you used both at high ISO?

-- hide signature --
 Kabe Luna's gear list:Kabe Luna's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon Df Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow