Lightroom 5 question?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Florida Nature Photographer
Senior MemberPosts: 4,351Gear list
Like?
Re: Lightroom 5 question?
In reply to Skeeterbytes, 5 months ago

Skeeterbytes wrote:

As I understand them, presets are parameter "tweaks" to accommodate a unique camera

You are referring to camera calibrations. Presets can be applied to any image from any camera.

Let's say you upload five hundred shots, with preset applied, and 123 were taken at an ourdoor event. You then edit one of those to your satisfaction, save those settings and apply them to the other 122. HUGE time saver. Repeat the process with the next group, etc.

This is correctl

The OP is correct. Presets have no intelligence that allows them to adapt to photos taken in different conditions, with different settings. Or with different cameras, unless the preset contains as part of it a camera calibration setting.

When I first learned how to use Lightroom I used only basic parts of its capabilities. As I became comfortable with them I gradually started using more advanced functionality, bit by bit.

If I had started with a program that was easier to learn initially, I would by now, no doubt, be at a point where that program no longer met my increasing demands. As a result, I would have to start over with a more advanced application.

Florida Nature Photographer's gear list:Florida Nature Photographer's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Topaz Adjust +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow