ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
wrestlefan2
Junior MemberPosts: 32
Like?
1st DSLT/R A58, A65 or A3000
3 months ago

Looking at entry level models. I've been looking at the following:

A58 (A-Mount), A65 (A-Mount) or A3000 (E- Mount). More A mounts, so I posted it on here. I have read about the a vs e mount, but not sure if sony is not going to support the a lenses on the entry levels in the future.

I do have shaky hands by nature so the lens that works best with stablization is best for me (not sure it that would be in camera/body version or via a lens)

I am going on a trip soon. Lots of dark rides so looking for something that will do a decent job preferable with kit lens (I know this may be next to impossible) until I can get something better in the near future. Also going to a local zoo there too. So pics of animals, people, landscapes, buildings, and low light would be good for me. Good video quality would help too.

These are the prices I found near me that seem to be within my budget ($600):

A3000 - $245 (body only) or $498 (with 18-55 kit lens and NEX 55-210 OSS Zoom lens) both new (wish it had the hdmi port on it)

A58 - $379 (with 18-55 SAM II kit lens) used ex+ (8 out of 10 quality rating)

A65 - $484 (body only) would have to look for some lenses to go with it or $599 (with 18-55 kit lens) (love that it has built in GPS)

I also wanted to make a point that I went and looked at many different camera and electronic stores i my area and all they have are nikon, canon, and very few have pentax. None have sony so I can't try them out to compare nor feel them in my hand for comfor reasons.

Thanks for your help with this.

Sony Alpha DSLR-A300 Sony SLT-A58 Sony SLT-A65
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow