Panasonic GF3 and 100-300 lens in St. Petersburg

Started 4 months ago | Photos thread
boxerman
Contributing MemberPosts: 642Gear list
Like?
Re: Panasonic GF3 and 100-300 lens in St. Petersburg
In reply to Electriq, 4 months ago

Electriq wrote:

I enjoy shooting buildings and investigation of little architectural details at home. Any comments are appreciated

Since you took the trouble to post (thanks), let me try to be helpful. I think you need to look for more interesting angles and focus.

• The constant wires were more obtrusive than  interesting subject. If you had somehow told us wires were a focus, we might have worked harder to compare  their positioning, etc.
  • The string of lamp posts in number 4, viewed from another angle, could have been compressed and interesting. Though, of course, I don't know if that perspective was accessible.
  • Framings do not seem to be very thoughtful. Things cut off, "the focus" is not heightened.
  • People are often a good subject, but seldom in a random crowd, milling around. I think perhaps you're too wed to this particular lens. Interesting characters and configurations are more likely (but not always) to be found close up. Though I'm not good at it, "street photography" is certainly an inspiration for me. Get right into the action.
  • Different angles on many of the buildings could have been interesting. Closer and more vertical shots? I don't know, but I would be wandering around to look.

You have a wonderful city to show. I'd be looking for more interesting "stories," foci, scale, angles, and framings.

Best...

-- hide signature --

The BoxerMan

boxerman's gear list:boxerman's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow