Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
richarddd
Senior MemberPosts: 2,787Gear list
Like?
Re: Lightroom 5 question?
In reply to Jere Landis, 5 months ago

Jere Landis wrote:

thanks all,

I judge from the comments that it is a fine program, yet a work in progress for most users. Probably few are able to take advantage of the entirety of it. I also assume it is not for anyone who cannot devote extended amounts of time to absorb it. I doubt the average owner of the program utilizes more than a percentage of it's capabilities. It is a fine piece of advanced software.

Think about a pencil. It's not too difficult to learn to use a pencil, but it takes a whole lot to be able to learn to use a pencil to produce a high quality fine art drawing. It takes a whole lot to be able to use anything to produce high quality fine art.

I regard LR as advanced because of the results you can achieve, not because it's hard to figure out how to use any of its controls. If nothing else, slide them back and forth and see what they do.

There are numerous excellent tutorials and books on using LR. The Julieanne Kost videos are well worth the time. For specific questions, google does its usual job, or post a question on any number of photo forums.

-- hide signature --
 richarddd's gear list:richarddd's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow