Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Aberaeron
Senior MemberPosts: 1,855Gear list
Like?
Re: Purchase a warranty?
In reply to lysiajoy, 6 months ago

lysiajoy wrote:

Hello!

I'm about to buy a new camera from Amazon and since it's a chunky investment I want to make sure I'm covered. The manufacturer's warranty is pretty skimpy (1 year for defects) and Amazon's is kind of pricey. I know Square Trade is supposed to be a good company. Any input on what to look for in terms of best coverage for the least amount of money? Like, incidents to make sure are covered? I'm very careful with cameras and don't do super crazy stuff but I do use it outdoors and around kiddos.

thanks!

Square Trade and shop extended warranties tend to provide poor value for money. When I bought the Fuji, an extended two year warranty from Currys, the UK retailer, was something like £160 to give three years total cover. Fuji's own comprehensive warranty cost £60 for three years extra, four years total cover.

Search your camera manufacturer's website to see whether they offer an in-house warranty like Fuji do.

Aberaeron's gear list:Aberaeron's gear list
Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 Nikon Coolpix P500 Fujifilm X20 Nikon Coolpix S32 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow