What is YOUR market like?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
markhayphotography
Regular MemberPosts: 105
Like?
Re: What century do you live in?
In reply to PenguinPhotoCo, 5 months ago

PenguinPhotoCo wrote:

And people ASSUME my business is failing without the information to know that.

When you post about the dire circumstances in the industry and how much they are negatively affecting your business and livelihood, it implies that you are struggling with your business.

Some people (like my wife) tend to share their problems, but aren't sharing those problems because they want the problems "fixed." Rather, my wife would prefer that I just "empathize" with her and emotionally support her as she works through the problem....even if I have the answer (in my eyes). I've learned this the hard way a few times over.

Most of the folks on this forum are "fixers." But really, that's the problem here.

Sooo....it seems like you are often finding your business in a rough place, and that REALLY sucks. I can't imagine how you must feel when you post those countless threads. The newbies are nice people, but it bothers you that they might be hurting your future business. I feel really bad for you. Even though things will never get better because there seems to be some magical roadblock in the way of every bit of advice provided....we're all in this together and know that it's just really, really rough.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
???New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow