Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
zalle
Contributing MemberPosts: 618
Like?
6D VS 5D MKII (VS others) focus
4 months ago

For a number of years, I've been having trouble with lots of lenses that seemed to be hit and miss, most of them were sigmas, but I also had 2X 50mm 1.4 which I quickly sold due to the same issue. They never focused twice on the same spot (wide open, I mean).

I own the 85mm 1.8 as well as the 1.2L, both of them have the same focusing issue.

The 35mm 1.4L, again... Hit and miss.

I'm talking about Canon's top of the line primes here... Lots of money spent!

I was thinking about either selling the primes or even sell all my gear and move to Nikon or something else.

The problem was there with the 5D MKII, with the 20D, with the 7D (which was supposed to have an amazing focusing system)... It can't be the camera, it's the lenses. Canon primes all have focusing issues, even the... The greatest, the most amazing and beautiful, the one and only... 85mm F1.2L has focussing issues, there is no way around it!

People told me it's my fault, "you shouldn't breathe when you use primes", "You need to learn to take photographs", "it's very hard to use primes wide open", "you need a very sturdy tripod, live view, 10X magnification and manual focus...", blá blá blá!!!!

Now I own a 6D (2 of them, actually), and the primes nail it, wide open, EVERY TIME! With ANY FOCUS POINT!

What has Canon been doing for the past 10 years?????

Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow