Low-end P&S features in a mid/high-end camera?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Greg A A
Contributing MemberPosts: 607
Like?
Re: Low-end P&S features in a mid/high-end camera?
In reply to MinAZ, 3 months ago

MinAZ wrote:

This is sort of an odd question, but does anyone ever find themselves wishing that some of the features you find in those cheap consumer P&S cameras, e.g. the Nikon S6500, were available in some higher end cameras (or at least in the bundled software)?

For example, I do own the S6500, and I have to say I am loving the "teeth whitening" feature. AFAIK, the way to do this if you use a standard DSLR is to export to Photoshop, do a selection around the teeth, do an adjustment layer, adjust luminescence and contrast, and flatten and export as jpeg. In the S6500, you simply select "teeth whitening" and you are good to go. There is also an "eyeball enlargement" feature and so forth. Pretty impressive for a ultracompact P&S under $100!

Not at all. I shoot raw and find having many extra features just gets in the way. I would prefer if the D7100 would omit all the scene exposure modes and keep to the basic P,A,S,M button - in other words a D400 alternative DX camera.

-- hide signature --

f8 and be there

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow