What else is happening before the first curtain on E-M1?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Anders W
Forum ProPosts: 17,505Gear list
Like?
Re: Shutter video
In reply to Ken Strain, 5 months ago

Ken Strain wrote:

Alien from Mars wrote:

radsaq wrote:

Here's all four variations:

Thanks a lot!

So it seems it still fires the mechanical shutter with both curtains moving as usual, the EFC engages with 25ms delay after 1st shutter comes open.

and 25ms is just about the shortest time that lets the initial vibration ring down to what is very likely a negligible level, at least according to my measurements on other cameras PST . Of course the newer shutter might be a little different, but the three I looked at were all much the same in terms of damping time.

Nice to see your earlier measurements come in handy here. I already thought of those when I was thinking about how long it might take for the various shocks to die down but hadn't had the time to check back on them yet.

From my point of view the biggest improvement in Olympus MFT since the move away from the 12 Mpixel sensors.

From mine as well (although the built-in EVF and new IBIS introduced with the E-M5 come close).

I very much hope it spreads to the smaller bodies.

I would think it does. Hopefully, they'll also introduce shutters that have an option for working with one curtain only and a solution that permits burst-mode operation with EFCS with only a small penalty in terms of fps.

Anders W's gear list:Anders W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow