1DX af cases 3-4-5 w/2.8 300mm IS USM II - Setting 3 w/IS

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
rebel99
Senior MemberPosts: 2,444
Like?
Re: 1DX af cases 3-4-5 w/2.8 300mm IS USM II - Setting 3 w/IS
In reply to tvstaff, 5 months ago

tvstaff wrote:

I'm using a 1DX and using AF cases 3-4&5 with a 300mm f/2.8 IS USM II on setting 3 with IS on and I'm having a hell of a hard time noting any differences in results with cases 3-4or5.

I'm switching between Zone and Spot using Center as well as Evaluative metering shooting at 12fps.

Are the differences supposed to be so subtle? I'm trying to optimize for kitesurfing shots http://tony6454.wix.com/aruba-kitesurfing#!kiteboarding/ckra like these before I get to an event and I just can't seem to see a real difference.

Am I expecting too much thinking that cases 3-4&5 are so vastly different?

Thank you!

TV

-- hide signature --

Feel Always Humble - "FAH" - You'll Learn More

same thing here TV. i usually use center point focusing as default but like you, i really don't see much of a difference. i do small bird shooting on the branches of trees which makes the focusing in 1Dx and 1D4 very difficult and equally confusing. keepers percentage take a big hit. i am using my 300mm f2.8II with 2.0xIII tc almost all the time, focusing gets very frustrating for me some times, no matter what setting i use.

cheers.

p.s. you have some real nice shots on your website, by the way your shots seem a bit tight, though, is that because of cropping or short distance from your subjects? thanks.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow