Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
Tom_N
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,905
Like?
Re: Blu-ray recordables
In reply to NEWLIFE2012, 4 months ago

NEWLIFE2012 wrote:

Thanks for your response!

Now I am taking photos of bands 2 nights a week. I try to keep the photos down to 100 or less.Thanks for telling me about the no cds or dvds of 25gb. I want to make things simple and fast when I travel from club to club but I can't. Thereb is a guy taking phtos at the clubs and he is in his 70's. Maybe when I reach his age, I am 62, there will be 25GB regular DVDs, or higher!

What do you hope to achieve by using CDs / DVDs / Blu-Ray discs on the go?

If you goal is to give away photos on the spot, without worrying about media costs, then your best bets are CDs and DVDs.  (I don't know if blank Blu-Ray discs have gotten cheap yet.)  You might also find that small memory cards and USB thumb drives – while a lot more expensive than CDs and DVDs – are cheap enough to give away in small quantities.

If you only need a way to save photos until you can get back home, copying them to your laptop's hard drive or a portable bus-powered notebook hard drive may make more sense.  You could also just get a few high-capacity memory cards.  Even hundreds of RAW photos aren't enough to fill up the 128 GB SDXC cards available these days.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow