ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
guermantes
Regular MemberPosts: 136Gear list
Like?
switching between monitor profiles ?
8 months ago

Hello,

Reading through a few threads about calibration here at DPR, I come across several people who say they switch between different calibration profiles depending on time of day and ambient light when they do the editing. E.g., D50+80cd/m2 when editing in a dark room at night and D65+120cd/m2 during the day with sunlight coming in through the window. (values arbitrary for illustration only)

How does one do this without it being very bothersome? I have tried BasICColor display and dispcalGUI, and when calibrating one needs to "dial in the white point manually" to match the calibration targets using the monitor buttons so when switching between calibrations with different white points and luminance values one would have to set the corresponding positions of RGB and brightness. If I simply activate another colour profile in the color management dialog, then it would be off if I don't dial in the corresponding RGB+brightness. That seems very tedious to me.

I don't understand, but since I also edit photos during daytime as well as nighttime I am very interested in how to achieve quick switching.

Anyone care to enlighten me as to how this is done?

guermantes's gear list:guermantes's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS LE Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS +1 more
Nikon D50
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow