Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
Rossuziers
Forum ProPosts: 12,779Gear list
Like?
Re: PSE7 runs fine on Win7
In reply to BobSC, 8 months ago

BobSC wrote:

Scott Eaton wrote:

The biggest improvement is you got a new machine. As I've been telling the media idiots pushing people to 'upgrade' XP there is no "upgrade" for older hardware. An XP era PC or laptop is typically junk anyways and running on borrowed time. You can always load XP inside of Virtual Box for legacy programs.

I just put 7 on a Dell Optiplex that was made in 2004. Works fine. Seems kind of a waste to me, but whatever.

Your Optiplex probably doesn't have several hardware issues that my Sony does.. Both DVD drive/writer & NIC have issues or are shot and there also may be internal fan issues.. By the time I replace those I'm close to half-way to a new machine with good chances that other more serious breakdowns might happen.

At home I run Photoshop 6.0 under Windows 7 on my wife's PC. I think PS 6.0 came out in 2000. If my memory is correct about that it means it pre-dates XP.

Thanks, that makes me confident I won't need to worry bout software...

-- hide signature --

> > */The Amateur Formerly Known as/* '*UZ'pShoot'ERS*' /'Happy Shootin'! Comments, Critique, Ridicule, Limericks, Jokes, Hi-jackings, EnthUZIastically, Encouraged... I Insist! */rrawzz'at'gmail'dot'com/* * http://www.pbase.com/rrawzz *
> */Another vote for an authentic & true to the core FZ50 upgrade/

Rossuziers's gear list:Rossuziers's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow