Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
0MitchAG
Regular MemberPosts: 201Gear list
Like?
Value of legacy lenses
5 months ago

I'm looking at purchasing a Minolta 50mm F1.4 and 135mm 2.8 and am wondering what the ceiling price is that I should pay for these. The exteriors and optics are in quite good condition (no scratches/dents/stains) and the seller reports only minor onset of fungus (he believes) on the 50mm, but looking at the pictures it is so faint I can't see it and he claims it is not visible in any photos taken with the lens. As it's minor, I am happy to deal with the fungus myself. Overall I'm thinking about $70-90 for the both of them would be fair, given that there is a $20 shipping fee and I would need to invest in removing the fungus and buying an adapter. What do you guys think?

Also, I'm correct in assuming that my sensor only receives the centre of the image circle from these FF lenses, so spherical aberrations should not be so much of a problem wide open as they would be on a 35mm camera right?

0MitchAG's gear list:0MitchAG's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow