ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Londongal
Senior MemberPosts: 1,851
Like?
Thoughts/Input Please: Fuji 27mm Lens
3 months ago

Hi All,

I just got the 27mm pancake lens and am wondering if my lens' behaviour is "normal".

When I mount the 27mm on my X-E1, the "coupling" is not smooth. It's a bit difficult to express, but I'll try. When lining up the mounting marks of lens and camera; placing the lens on the camera; and then rotating the lens to mount it, what I experience is a "gritty" and "rough" sensation. It is not the smooth rotation that occurs when I attach any of my other Fuji lenses. There is sort of a "drag" as I rotate the 27mm lens when attaching it to the body. This "drag" with the 27mm is experienced as compared to the very smooth and "drag-free" mounting of all my other Fuji lenses on the X-E1.

I cleaned the X-E1's lens mounting ring and this did not make a difference.

I'm wondering if this is normal for the 27mm lens?

A bit of background: I've been using cameras since the late 1970s; DSLRs since 2006. I've mounted countless numbers of lenses an infinite number of times and this is the first time I have encountered a "drag" or "grittiness" when mounting a lens.

Is this the way the 27mm behaves? Your thoughts and input would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Londongal

Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow