Lightroom 5 question?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
jeffharris
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,527Gear list
Like?
Re: Lightroom 5 question?
In reply to Jere Landis, 5 months ago

Jere Landis wrote:

I downloaded and am playing with it. Please, someone tell me how to get the program to process the file after I have made all the changes. How do I tell the program where to put it, or them, also. Most converters are pretty straight forward about these things. If this is the greatest, do all, end all, piece of software, why so difficult. Also, can you work directly from existing folders on your hard drive or do you have to import through some fancy dan system. I know I'm stupid, but that's the way it is. Any help here?

Lightroom does non-destructive edits. You can actually make virtual copies of images and apply different tweaks to each. The original image will NOT be affected!

So, if you want to save an edited image, you need to export it. Exporting is a bit convoluted and really the most annoying thing about it, but that's the way to do it. Just play around with the different options until you find the one you want.

jeffharris's gear list:jeffharris's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Voigtlander Nokton 25mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 42.5mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical +25 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow