Decision Made...

Started Apr 2, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
1RichieB
1RichieB Regular Member • Posts: 168
Decision Made...

After studying this forum, I have decided I will purchase the upgrade to the D800 when it comes out. I am a happy D300 owner, and I will happily use it until this time, but after 7 years it is time for a new camera and I am very satisfied with everything I hear about the D800. If Nikon is going to release an updated version this year, I will purchase it.

That being said, I have a 2.8 28-70 that is in excellent condition. Light use. I would say 9+ rating. It is very clean and free of "scuffs". How much should I sell it for?

I also have a 2.8 70-200 that is in very good condition. This is my most used lens. I have shot a decent amount of sporting events with it. It is also very clean and free of "scuffs". I would rate it an 8+ on usage. Note that it works "spot-on" with no signs of any problems.  I "baby" my equipment to the maximum extent possible (but accidents do happen). How much should I sell it for?

Onto another topic...

All this said, I am very impressed with what I have seen of the V2. I can't wait to see V3 results. However, I know this camera will not give me the results of an upgraded D800, but I may buy one for sporting events, etc. in great lighting.

Thanks for any replies, advice, etc.

1RichieB's gear list:1RichieB's gear list
Nikon D70 Nikon D300 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF +6 more
Nikon 1 V2 Nikon 1 V3 Nikon D300 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow