Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
1RichieB
Regular MemberPosts: 119Gear list
Like?
Decision Made...
7 months ago

After studying this forum, I have decided I will purchase the upgrade to the D800 when it comes out. I am a happy D300 owner, and I will happily use it until this time, but after 7 years it is time for a new camera and I am very satisfied with everything I hear about the D800. If Nikon is going to release an updated version this year, I will purchase it.

That being said, I have a 2.8 28-70 that is in excellent condition. Light use. I would say 9+ rating. It is very clean and free of "scuffs". How much should I sell it for?

I also have a 2.8 70-200 that is in very good condition. This is my most used lens. I have shot a decent amount of sporting events with it. It is also very clean and free of "scuffs". I would rate it an 8+ on usage. Note that it works "spot-on" with no signs of any problems.  I "baby" my equipment to the maximum extent possible (but accidents do happen). How much should I sell it for?

Onto another topic...

All this said, I am very impressed with what I have seen of the V2. I can't wait to see V3 results. However, I know this camera will not give me the results of an upgraded D800, but I may buy one for sporting events, etc. in great lighting.

Thanks for any replies, advice, etc.

1RichieB's gear list:1RichieB's gear list
Nikon D70 Nikon D300 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF +4 more
Nikon 1 V2 Nikon 1 V3 Nikon D300 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow