Where do you order from when you're dropping significant coin?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Impulses
Senior MemberPosts: 1,102Gear list
Like?
Re: Where do you order from when you're dropping significant coin?
In reply to dinoSnake, 8 months ago

Adorama.  I've been in B&H, and bought there for sure, but you are just a number - they do so much volume, with so many people and orders moving through in a single day, that you never really register as a person there.

I have a very nice rapport with my salesman at Adorama, so much so that when I went in last week to buy another lens he took 10% off as a form of appreciation and to make sure that he was competitive with any other price I may come across later.

I have even more things I need and I'll be returning to Adorama in a day or two.  I like their smaller scale and (in person, at least) more hands-on feel.  It is a person-to-person experience place, not simply move the box and make the sale.

Huh, I didn't realize B&H was a much larger outfit than Adorama, wonder if that reflects at all on their online business. I've noticed Adorama sometimes charges slightly less in shipping but since I started off with B&H and often had some rewards built up I just stuck with them. I'm surprised at just how competitive both store's prices are compared to Amazon.... With other kinds of electronics it's usually so lopsided, even with more niche stuff (HiFi headphones for instance, all specialty stores are never even close to Amazon's prices).

Impulses's gear list:Impulses's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow