Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Paulmorgan
Senior MemberPosts: 2,178
Like?
Re: Sigma 60/2.8 for Portraits, Sigma 19mm = for walk-around
In reply to jamiegoldsworthy, 8 months ago

jamiegoldsworthy wrote:

Klarno:

Ah I didn't realised there was an older version too! will be looking at these then

Mellowmark:

Great minds and all that, I was just 'flickr-ing' through some of those! Think I'am liking the look of the 19mm over the 30mm at the moment

However, I will definitely keep an eye on these classified ads! Never even thought of such a thing!

mh2000:

I like the 30mm and given the choice would have both, I think the 19mm fits the bill at the moment though. Thanks for the examples

JCB123:

Yeah that's my problem :/ think I will have to compromise, shallow DOF isn't the be all and end all, may just have to suck it up. The f2.8 should still do what I want it too

I don't mind manual focus per se, would just prefer autofocus at this point, makes my life easier

bryanbrun:

So you love the 30mm then? When I can afford it I will get both. I dont think that I do enough portrait work to require that focal length at the minute though!

I can see though, that is some nice bokeh

The 19mm is more useful to me than the 30mm, for street the 19mm is a great little lens and is close to the classic length.

Yeah that's my problem :/ think I will have to compromise, shallow DOF isn't the be all and end all, may just have to suck it up. The f2.8 should still do what I want it too

With today`s camera`s f2.8 is fine.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow