Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Kodachrome200
Contributing MemberPosts: 756Gear list
Like?
Display too Bright windows 8
4 months ago

Yes I know how to calibrate a monitor. The problem I am having is more fundamental. I have a new win 8 laptop that tends to blow out highlights. Even when the display is calibrated, I had initially thought prehaps just kind of a crummy display. but the problem is so pervasive. Recently we used the laptop to give a presentation. We hooked it up to the projector and we still had the problem with blown highlights on that display (as well as a bit of a green cast that was a little to severe to simple be an uncalibrated display). So we hooked out old laptop into the same projector and the images looked fine. No blown highlights at all. Since the projector was not calibrated on either machine i would have expected them to look similar. So my question is besides something that is specific to the quality of the display, or ICC profiles, what could cause the computer be doing this. It happens no matter what monitor i hook this computer up to and it does not matter if the display is calibrated or not

should mention our old laptop is win7

Kodachrome200's gear list:Kodachrome200's gear list
Ricoh GR Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Sigma 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 EX DG Aspherical HSM +3 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow