Adobe Elements 9 to Lightroom 5.3 ===> My experience

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Sirandar
Regular MemberPosts: 367
Like?
Re: Adobe Elements 9 to Lightroom 5.3 ===> My experience
In reply to Sirandar, 5 months ago

Review of Lightroom after a month of hard use:

1) Lightroom has opened up a world of new options for PP and photography.

2) Took almost a month to work out all the weirdness with color spaces between LR and CS6

3) LR had a tendency to cause BSOD on my system ....  that isn't easy as no other apps have managed to do that.  Not often enough to be a problem though.

4) Despite what I said earlier, LR has hefty system requirements to actually use the program without frustration.  My E-450 Samsung laptop looks like it can run lightroom, but when you need to check focus on a bunch of fresh RAW shots, it is impossibly slow.  You can do certain things fine if you pre-build previews but even then LR is too slow to be happy with.

5) Not being able to delete files in a QUICK  album is frustrating as in not being able to delete files in develop mode when LR is building data.

6) Photoshop CS6 is amazing but it still suffer some the the same issues as Elements.  Cropping only a tiny bit off photos is still way too frustrating even when the ctrl key is down

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow