ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MisterBuggie
New MemberPosts: 9Gear list
Like?
S110 RAW editing
Apr 1, 2014

Hi,

I'm trying out the RAW function on my S110. I've been trying to get a good photo of my cat, which is really hard as he is all black. So I tried the P mode, with ISO on auto, and JPEG and RAW formats. Auto mode also gives the same result for the JPEG. So here's my first attempt. First photo is the JPEG produced by the camera, the second is edited from the RAW. The sofa is closer to the colour in the 2nd photo, despite the fact that comparing the two makes it look too yellow. I don't think I can get much more detail on the cat, but the sofa is looking a little too bright, and I'm not sure how to bring that down without losing detail on the cat.

I used the provided Canon DPP software to edit the raw, then just used Paint.NET to save it at 80% JPEG compression to bring the size down (DPP JPEG is 10 MB...), and I can't see any difference at all when zoomed in. Any suggestions would be welcome. I think I might take RAW+JPEG from now on, I can always delete the RAWs I don't need after checking the photos...

MisterBuggie's gear list:MisterBuggie's gear list
Canon PowerShot S110
Canon PowerShot S110
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow