Canon 1D X. Images remaining/images possible readout. Conflicts. Why?

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
plevyadophy
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,250Gear list
Like?
Re: THANKS Re: Canon 1D X. Images remaining/images possible readout. Conflicts. Why?
In reply to Keith Z Leonard, 4 months ago

Keith Z Leonard wrote:

Agreed, and wasn't the previous set of cameras limited to 999?? So it's a design improvement.

Keith

RS_RS wrote:

plevyadophy wrote:

Thanks Keith Z Leonard and robert614.

If the answers you have both given is correct, and it seems to be, then it seems a real pity that such an expensive camera should have such a design flaw (especially so with all the other useability glitches I have found on this camera).

I hope they fix that in the next model.

Regards,

plevyadophy

It is not a design flaw, but a compromise needed because real estate on the top LCD is at a premium, and once you know that you still have at least 1,999 (or, on most bodies, 999) shots still left, who cares anyhow?

Nope, no design improvement at all; I just checked a 1Ds Mark II and it has the same limitation if the Shots Remaining readout is displayed on the top plate LCD i.e. highest number it can display is 1999.

However, if you set up the 1Ds Mark II, as I did (hence why I haven't noticed the issue previously), so that the Shots Remaining readout appears on the rear bottom LCD panel (and ISO readout on top plate LCD) then there is no limitation (I am currently looking at a readout that says "6575").

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow