Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
image wizard
New MemberPosts: 12
Like?
D3X thoughts and opinions
3 months ago

Looking to buy second hand D3X body in the near future for general studio use , I rarely see reference to this particular body ; other than the original huge  expense of investing in this camera. Recent posts have talked about new 24Mp cameras possibly coming out in the future , or people who would like a 24Mp camera to come out in the future; but no one has mentioned or made reference to the D3X as a suitable choice . Is this because of price new and or second hand , or is this because the results out of the camera are poor? I use a pair of D300s for some of my work , but want a higher quality unit for the studio . After reading countless comments about the D800 , I just wonder if it is just to many Mps and whilst the focussing problems have died away a little in recent times ; I just want a unit that is going to be sharp all of the time, excluding any of my own short comings. Other togs seem to recommend using the D800 on a tripod for best results, and in a lot of cases for me that is not a practical solution . I am now ready to be shot down in flames for my post , I have furnished myself with asbestos suit ; and several fire extinguisher's , and 999 is on speed dial  .

Thank you in advance for your thoughts and comments

Nikon D300S Nikon D3X Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow