Uploading Images

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Scott McMorrow
Regular MemberPosts: 361
Like?
Re: Uploading Images
In reply to Les Kamens, 6 months ago

Les

I'm big on multiple backups myself.  I use a program called SyncBackSE, which is a backup and file/directory synchronization program.  I use it for my business, but it also works really well for photographic directories.

I have a standard data directory on my office/home raid storage system where everything resides.  When I am headed out of town with my laptop I synchronize selected storage folders between my RAID system and the laptop. On the laptop I run another instance of the program and synchronize between the laptop and a 2 TB USB 3 drive.  Once everything is in sync I can delete the camera cards.

New data is downloaded to the laptop.  Once complete, I run SyncBack to synchronize the laptop drive to the USB 3 to provide redundancy.  The program can also be set up to synchronize across an FTP connection, so that whenever there is reasonable internet bandwidth I can synchronize any changes to my in house FTP server, which utilizes a directory on my RAID storage server.

Soon I'm planning on some sort of windows 8 tablet or ultra convertible, such as the Surface Pro, or Lenovo Yoga, either with a 512 GB SSD drive.  The back end synchronization with a USB 3 drive and a RAID storage server will remain the same.

Finally, I have two 12 TB 4-drive RAID servers that run an automatic backup mirror every night.  They reside in two different areas of the building, off of separate power circuits for further data integrity.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow