Show Your Snaps...March 31, 2014

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ThanksForMemories
Forum MemberPosts: 65Gear list
Like?
An attempt to show the shadows with HDR process, 2 shots
In reply to Digirame, 3 months ago

I'm new as of today to DPR. I learned already quite a few things appreciate it so much.

I'm starting photography for the pleasure of keeping moments intact and, I guess artistic visual too. 2 years ago I bought an entry level compact camera the Fuji x10, and moved to the x20 last Summer. I remembered a bit of use with my old 35mm of 35yrs ago, so basics not all lost, but playing with digital camera is almost feature-overload for me.
So, here goes... Handheld, 2 shots, through fancy metal railing, you will see shadows of people that moved in between shots.

I took one light another darker and figured I could do something in Ph CS-4 to lighten the street in shadow. (I now know about bracketing)

Lisbon, pedestrian streets, taken from the Santa Justa Lift, Oct 2013. Fuji x20, ISO100, exposure dial at top, f3-1/900sec and f4 1/950sec, JPEG. Tweaked in CS4 & camera raw. Don't know if you need all this info.

My goal is to show early evening atmosphere. The contrast of shadow and light and red roofs were in my mind's eyes, wonderful, an image I wanted to keep. After download, colors appear a bit faded here, not as warm.

I've been reading in the last week about HDR, I thought I would try it for these 2 shots, not for the fantasy look as much as what I rememberred seeing in the dark street below.

From a point of view of more experienced photographers, what do you think?
What could I have done better?
And what process could I use to combine them? (other than HDR)

ThanksForMemories's gear list:ThanksForMemories's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow