R3000 image quality compared to R1800/1900/2000?

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ABCMO
Forum MemberPosts: 50
Like?
R3000 image quality compared to R1800/1900/2000?
4 months ago

I have owned an Epson R1900 printer for several years and have been very pleased with its image quality for color prints produced on glossy papers such as Epson's Ultra Premium Photo Paper Glossy.  Over the last year I have experimented occasionally with Epson's Fine Art papers such as Velvet Fine Art paper, and I have been impressed by the results--when I could get the printer to print them!  Over the weekend I googled this problem and found the only solution to being able to get the R1900 to consistently print on fine art papers.  This Rube Goldbergesque process involving pausing the print job after receiving the printer jam message and waiting for the "printer noises" to cease before resuming the print job does work, but this is absurd!  I'm intrigued by the quality of the fine art prints, so I may want to do more of my printing on these media, which given the quirkiness of the R1900 in this regard, I looked at current printer options this weekend, and I concluded that the R3000 at $650 directly from Epsom looked like by far the best alternative.

But since I want to avoid the "grass is greener" phenomenon and have no way to compare actual R1900 printing with R3000 printing, I want to ask if anyone here has owned an R1800/1900/2000 and then upgraded to an R3000.  Specifically, is the print quality substantially better on the R3000?  I know black and white prints will be much better, but what about color?  Is the difference great enough to truly make a difference?  Also, what is ink consumption like on the R3000?  Is it comparable, less, or more than on the R1800/1900/2000?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Al

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow