Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
michaeladawson
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,587Gear list
Like?
Re: D800 with classic lens
In reply to SujayM, 4 months ago

SujayM wrote:

Hi All,

I bought a Nikon D800 6 months back. I bought Nikon 50 mm 1.8 G and 14-24 2.8 G since i shoot landscape and 50 mm bcos its must have cheap prime for multipurpose use.

Over a period of time i felt 14-24 is too expensive and had drained me out and its inability to take on filters made me sell it... got more than how much i paid though no regrets.

Now i decide on buying budget less for my so demanding monster D800... I need your views and advice on my choice :

What do you mean "budget less"?  That you want the best and have no limits on what you are willing to spend?

If so, then why would you buy the old 28-70 lens used and the old 80-200 f/2.8 lens?  I believe the current 24-70 is better.  I'd also get an AF-S equipped 70-200 lens with VR.

Choice 1 : Classic Nikon 28-70 F2.8 AF-S as walk around and Nikon 80-200 F2.8 zoom lens and later add a prime (14mm or 15mm) for my wide angle landscape.

Choice 2 : Nikon 16-35 F4 as my wide angle and walk around lens and 80-200 Nikon F2.8 for tele zoom lens...

Choice 3 : Your recommendation to satisfy my wide angle, walk around and tele zoom lens.

Any suggestion is much appreciated.

Regards

Sujay

-- hide signature --

Mike Dawson

michaeladawson's gear list:michaeladawson's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Nikon D200 Nikon D4 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow