Nikon's D700 a balanced camera for image quality, value, pro handling and MP.

Started 6 months ago | User reviews thread
T O Shooter
Senior MemberPosts: 1,875Gear list
Like?
Arguments change to suit the situation
In reply to arachnophilia, 5 months ago

arachnophilia wrote:

You meen the same AF module with different flexi-cabling

there's some debate about this, WRT: the D800 and D4. the D700 and D3 have the "same" AF module, but different measured acquire speeds. so either they're different, or nikon is "nerfing" it somehow.

Up until I called Nikon Canada and they confirmed that the AF modules are different part numbers and different parts ( cables, housing, or more - I don't know ) everyone said that D800 and D4 focused the same because the modules were the same and there was no way that Nikon would go to the expense of making and stocking two different modules. That has been disproved because even if the internals are the same we ( I ) now know that the "one part, interchangeable for all" is not the case. So one way or the other, different parts, detuned, whatever, the AF systems are not the same. We've just moved on to a different level of argument from some to say that all Cam3500s are the same. In my experience ( never used a D3 ) worse to best would be D800, D700, D3S, D4 and I'm not really sure if there's much difference between D3S and D4 because I never had those two bodies at the same time.

-- hide signature --

Photography - It's a passion No other reason required.

T O Shooter's gear list:T O Shooter's gear list
Canon PowerShot G5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Why?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow