ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bjzwaan
Contributing MemberPosts: 712
Like?
X100 worth a shot?
6 months ago

Dear all,

Previously, I asked you for advice on the Fuji X-T1. Meanwhile I have sold my D700 and most of the lenses, so in principle I am ready to move. However, a thought struck me over the weekend and it has been in the back of my mind ever since: how about buying an X100?

The idea is that I have fancied this camera ever since it got out, relating to the form factor but mostly because of the IQ and colour rendition. With firmware 2.02 it has lost quite a few of its quirks, and the prices have dropped to very attractive and tempting levels (either second hand or new, e.g. a black limited edition for 699 euro).

It also makes sense regarding what I wanted with the X-T1, shooting primes, 35 or 50mm equivalent, with lots of manual controls. That is what the X100 would provide. The Nikon V1 would give me the zoom lenses and reach at the wider and the tele-end.

Does this make sense to you? Is the X100 still worth having? And I mean the latter mainly with respect to the IQ.

Sorry for bothering you again, but I can ensure you that your input is much appreciated J.

All the best,

Bas

Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow