Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
mpetersson
Regular MemberPosts: 355Gear list
Like?
Re: Minolta 50s and the A7
In reply to captura, 5 months ago

captura wrote:

Nice post!

Smaller and lighter than the MD 50/1.7 is the MD 50/2.0. That is a completely different lens and is remarkable for being 100% sharp and usable right from the wide open aperture. Quality of sharpness, color and bokeh are about the same as the 50/1.7 and it's small size make it my everyday favorite. Has good coatings so little lens flare.

I also have the 55mm MC Rokkor 1.9 which is as you say, very very sharp and I've used it on my Panasonic G1 as well as my 5R, especially for portrait work. It is very easy to get a clean focus.

Agreed, I absolutely love the MD 50mm f2. It has stayed on my A7 for quite a bit, even after getting the FE35 and the FE 28-70, and I also used it a lot on my NEX-7. It's small, light and very pretty on the camera and the images are very sharp and pleasing. I would rate it my favorite 50mm lens all things considered. I only have two Minolta 50mm though, the f2 and the f1,7. The IQ-differences between the f1,7 and the f2 are very small and the f2 feels lighter and handier, so I usually go with that one.

I will probably tro to get a Minolta 50mm f1,4 as well, the 1,2 feels a bit expensive while the 1,4 can still be found very cheap.

-- hide signature --

Sony A7, Sony NEX-7, Zeiss 16-70 f4, Zeiss 24 f1,8, Sony SEL16 f2,8, Sony SEL50 f1,8, Sony FE35 f2,8 and a bunch of legacy glass.

mpetersson's gear list:mpetersson's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow