Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Jay
Jay
Junior MemberPosts: 42Gear list
Like?
Re: You didn't mention budget...
In reply to Ron Poelman, 4 months ago

Ron Poelman wrote:

even so, it shouldn't send you broke so here's the cheapies..

Walkaround - Minolta 24-85 nice colours, sharpish and MFD is reasonable unlike a lot of Minolta zooms.
Runner up, Tammy 17-50 often ignored, but an excellent alternative to pricey Sony zooms.

Prime - Sony DT35 simply unbeatable at the $200 price. Sharp, good colours, tiny MFD, 1.8 too
Runner Up - A Minolta 24mm or a 20mm if you can stretch to it.
Note: the Minolta 50's are tempting at the price, but 35 is more useful any day in the real world.

Tele - The Tammy 70-300 is probably the best all rounder
Runners Up - Sony 55-300 good bang for buck,
Beercan can give stunning results but it's picky about sun direction and heavy,
best thought of as an enthusiast lens for later down the track.

Fun - The Samyang 8mm although (personally) I might have been happier with the 14mm.

I have the A65 with Sigma 24-70 2.8 EX DG HSM.

I haven't seen anyone recommending this one.  Is there a reason?

I'm just auto jpeg shooter that is just trying to understand the basics.

I had the sal1650 but found the range a little limiting.  Then I found this sigma on dyxum and the ratings seemed very good.  After getting it, I looked on this forum and didn't really see much comment on it.

I'm thinking about going to the a6000 for the AF.  However, I'm hesitant on having to sell my a65 and sigma 2470.  Too much hassle.  I've already had gone through the hassle of selling my sal18135, sal1650, sal35f18, sal85f28.

Jay's gear list:Jay's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Sony RX100 II Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony a6000 Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow