Thoughts on buying a used XE2

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
wyldberi
Senior MemberPosts: 2,733Gear list
Like?
Re: Thoughts on buying a used XE2
In reply to MrChristopher, 8 months ago

MrChristopher wrote:

It just makes too much sense to buy a new XT1 with the kit lens and upgrade the body later, and add the 56 when I can. So I did just that. I ordered from Adorama but with my iPhone I never saw where I could put in the endofmarch code so I sent them an email asking about it.

-- hide signature --

You have to scroll down a page where you're putting in your personal information. Perhaps you didn't go far enough, or skipped ahead too fast. Hopefully Adorama will honor your attempt to take advantage of their promotion.

If they don't the $799 price still represents a really good deal on a great camera. I paid $1,399 for my kit last year at this time, and I don't regret having paid full retail one bit.

Don't know what your finances are like, but for the last year I've heard reports by quite a few people who have been using the XF 60mm "macro" lens as a short telephoto lens for portraits. The focus mechanism is optimized for macro usage; it causes the that mechanism to turn a lot more to accomplish what the 23mm or 18-55mm mechanism do with less work. It means the focus can be adjusted with great accuracy, but requires more time to do so.

My copy was just delivered today. I have to update the lens firmware to use it with my X-E1. I have a couple of uses for it, and when the price came down temporarily to $400, I figure it's worth that. The lens sale lasts through April 5th.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow