Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
kuuan
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,420Gear list
Like?
Re: I have the 50 1.2....
In reply to kenetik, 8 months ago

kenetik wrote:

kuuan wrote:

the cat pics had been taken with a Olympus Pen-F Zuiko 1.8/38 halfframe lens, a stunning lens! However I had not used my NEX5N but Ricoh GXR M module for which I had adapted this lens. I had shown this adaptation ( the only one of a Pen-F lens to Leica M mount I know of having been done ) at the Ricoh forum here:http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3636252

cheers, kuuan

-- hide signature --

photos mostly taken with manual lenses on Ricoh GXR M, Sony NEX5N, Pentax K-x and *istDs: http://flickr.com/photos/kuuan/

That lens conversion was totally worth it, and the resulting pics had an amazing tonality. Not bad for a legacy lens from a third tier manufacturer :). I think the thread said you use it adapted to your NEX as well. How does it do?

Was cool to see your pics. Also loved the WA shot of those tall buildings in Kuala Lampur. Cheers.

Ken

thank you Ken. I didn't want to say so first, on the Sony forum ;), but I believe that the camera used also played it's role. Generally I prefer colors and tonality of the GXR M over those produced by my NEX5N and prefer using the Ricoh. That although the Sony has some undisputed advantages, it's faster, has a more modern, higher res. and better high ISO, generally less noisy sensor and a higher res. EVF.

I am not sure which WA pics you are referring to, but if they had been taken with the Super-Wide Heliar 4.5/15 chances are that I also had used the Ricoh, no corner issues on the GXR M at all, though I should say that in this respect the 5N does pretty well too.

as you may know adapters for Pen-F lenses to E mount are readily available for little money. However I had to find out that the mounts of Pen-F are not consistent and that therefore not every adapter will work for every Pen-F lens. I had writen on this here in a thread at mflenses.com ( that had started out talking about color of lens coating ) and there was a follow up trying to classify mounts of Pen-F lenses

most normal to tele Pen-F lenses even cover FF, see the summary on how they do on A7r in the last post in this thread

Pen-F lenses to great on NEX, the later half in my set with photos taken with the 1.8/38 was taken on the NEX5N, and all photos taken with the Pen-F Zuiko 1.4/40 seen in it's dedicated set, more than with the 1.8/38, have been taken with the 5N, the first few seen at ISO 6400

andreas

-- hide signature --

photos mostly taken with manual lenses on Ricoh GXR M, Sony NEX5N, Pentax K-x and *istDs: http://flickr.com/photos/kuuan/

kuuan's gear list:kuuan's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Konica Minolta DiMAGE A2 Pentax *ist DS Ricoh GXR Mount A12 Sony Alpha NEX-5N
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow