Canon 1D X. Images remaining/images possible readout. Conflicts. Why?

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
plevyadophy
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,250Gear list
Like?
Canon 1D X. Images remaining/images possible readout. Conflicts. Why?
8 months ago

On my Canon 1DX if I press the INFO button one of the pieces of information I get is an estimate of how many images are possible on the memory card based on the image sizes or format in which I have chosen to record my images. See below (in this case, its around 2553):

INFO screen

Now, if I then enter the camera settings status screen, I also get to see, again, how many images it's possible for me to store on the memory card and the figure ALWAYS agrees with that from the display given by the INFO screen. See below:

INFO camera settings status screen

However, the top plate LCD ALWAYS reads 1,999 images if the figure in the above two screens gives a reading of more than 2,000. I have found that the only way for me to get all three readings to agree is if the reading given by the first two screens is lower than 2,000. See below:

Top plate status LCD reading 1999 images

So, can someone explain why the top plate LCD behaves the way it does. I looked in the manual and could find no explanation.

Could it be a firmware bug?

Or perhaps the top plate status LCD figure is referring to something else (perhaps how many more images are possible before the camera automatically rolls over to a new storage folder; but even then, the figure given doesn't quite add up)?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

plevyadophy

ANSWER:
Canon EOS-1D Canon EOS-1D X
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow