ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sener
Regular MemberPosts: 230Gear list
Like?
Wide Options for a D700
8 months ago

Hello,

I will be buying a Sigma 35mm ART for my D700. But there will be times when the 35mm FOV will not be wide enough for me so I'd like to complement it with a wide lens that will not cost me much and take up much space in my bag.

The lens also needs to be at least 2.8, for I like to stroll at night and nearly all of my photos are taken hand-held.

I am not so sure about the FOV I need, tho. In my E-M5 I was using a 14mm (which translates into 28~31 mm FF, roughly, due to difference of sensor aspects) and it wasn't always as wide as I liked. So I think I might be served with a FOV around 24~20mm.

I am not really interested in the old 20 and 24mm 2.8, since they do not seem to provide sufficient performance wide open, or even at f/4.0. They are small as I like, but optically not preferable.

As long as it provides good quality wide open and I am out of AF options, I can also live with MF lenses (since I'll nearly always be using them focused at infinity) I also researched the 28mm 2.8 AIS which gets good reviews, but the opinion on this lens is that it is excellent up close and bad at infinity wide open. And I am not so sure about the performance of 24 2.8 AIS.

I know there is a good Samyang 24mm 1.4 but that lens is huge..

So what are other options you might wish to recommend me?

Thank you in advance.

Sener's gear list:Sener's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 +2 more
Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow