Best budget prime?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
jamiegoldsworthy
New MemberPosts: 13Gear list
Like?
Re: Best budget prime?
In reply to neil holmes, 5 months ago

007peter:

Thanks for the breakdown that is absolutely brilliant especially to one of my (currently) limited knowledge about this kind of stuff, though I am trying to improve! Those two sigmas look about perfect, the 19mm is looking like a favourite at the moment for sure.

EGenius007:

Ah brilliant this is something I have always wondered when you see adapters that look a centimetre or two thick, never got round to asking anyone. I actually have that 35mm 1.7 'Fujian' lens. I didn't list it because it was about £20 including adapter and has always felt a little like a toy lens. Its great fun and the DOF is awesome, but I would like something that I can autofocus with, which is something that puts me off the idea of legacy lenses for sure.

Brilliant, thats great to know thank you

Mellowmark:

Thats brilliant thanks. As I say I am always unsure when using new sellers or sites without having someone say that they are reliable to use. Bit twitchy I suppose!

I'll keep my eye on those other sites and try to find something

Neil Holmes:

Thanks

Yeah unfortunately my dad and older brother have already thought of this about two years ago and bought adapters for all  our families old lenses to fit his DSLR I was just abit too late

Bradevans:

I'll have a look see if I can find that at a decent price. My only worry is that it might be a little too wide to be very versatile...

I noticed that too, the fish-eye effect just doesn't appeal enough to bump me getting a 'normal' lens at the moment

Just like to say a big thank you to you all for taking the time to help little old me out with my noobishness ad imparting all your advice onto me

jamiegoldsworthy's gear list:jamiegoldsworthy's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow