Best budget prime?

Started Mar 31, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
New MemberPosts: 13Gear list
Re: Best budget prime?
In reply to neil holmes, Apr 1, 2014

Thanks for the breakdown that is absolutely brilliant especially to one of my (currently) limited knowledge about this kind of stuff, though I am trying to improve! Those two sigmas look about perfect, the 19mm is looking like a favourite at the moment for sure.

Ah brilliant this is something I have always wondered when you see adapters that look a centimetre or two thick, never got round to asking anyone. I actually have that 35mm 1.7 'Fujian' lens. I didn't list it because it was about £20 including adapter and has always felt a little like a toy lens. Its great fun and the DOF is awesome, but I would like something that I can autofocus with, which is something that puts me off the idea of legacy lenses for sure.

Brilliant, thats great to know thank you

Thats brilliant thanks. As I say I am always unsure when using new sellers or sites without having someone say that they are reliable to use. Bit twitchy I suppose!

I'll keep my eye on those other sites and try to find something

Neil Holmes:

Yeah unfortunately my dad and older brother have already thought of this about two years ago and bought adapters for all  our families old lenses to fit his DSLR I was just abit too late

I'll have a look see if I can find that at a decent price. My only worry is that it might be a little too wide to be very versatile...

I noticed that too, the fish-eye effect just doesn't appeal enough to bump me getting a 'normal' lens at the moment

Just like to say a big thank you to you all for taking the time to help little old me out with my noobishness ad imparting all your advice onto me

jamiegoldsworthy's gear list:jamiegoldsworthy's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow