What else is happening before the first curtain on E-M1?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Anders W
Forum ProPosts: 18,718Gear list
Like?
Re: Shutter video
In reply to lattesweden, 8 months ago

lattesweden wrote:

From what I can find via a little Googling, Sony seams to be able to sync up to 1/8000 on NEX and A7 with EFCS but some gets some shading over 1/2000 especially with non native lenses.

Yes. At very high shutter speeds where you have just a small slit moving across the frame, the difference between the way the shutter blade moves and the way its shadow moves becomes increasingly important. But fortunately, I don't think we'll have much problem with that with the E-M1 solution, where the EFCS is turned off automatically at highest flash sync speed (the highest shutter speed at which the shutter is open across the entire frame at the same time). At 1/320, the shutter-shock issue is pretty much gone so I don't see a problem with the feature being turned off at that point. On the contrary, that seems like an advantage since we don't need to remember to turn the feature on and off depending on which shutter speed we are using.

Anders W's gear list:Anders W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow