Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
kuuan
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,420Gear list
Like?
Re: I have the 50 1.2....
In reply to kenetik, 7 months ago

kenetik wrote:

Kerpal wrote:

And it's a wonderful lens. My only gripe is that it goes from f1.2 to f2 with no stops in between...

Yes, the fact it jumps so far on the aperture ring is something I have always found odd.

could one not also try to set aperture between f1.4 and f2? specially is the throw is a bit longer than between other stops is should be possible.

not for the fainthearted or someone without any experience taking apart lenses, but de-clicking a lens, removing that small ball from the aperture mechanism often is quite easy. Looking at photos of the 1.2/50 it looks as if first unscrewing the mount and then the next ring of the body already might make fall out the ball, to not loose it better to do that on top of a tray

-- hide signature --

photos mostly taken with manual lenses on Ricoh GXR M, Sony NEX5N, Pentax K-x and *istDs: http://flickr.com/photos/kuuan/

kuuan's gear list:kuuan's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Konica Minolta DiMAGE A2 Pentax *ist DS Ricoh GXR Mount A12 Sony Alpha NEX-5N
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow