Best budget prime?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
EGenius007
Regular MemberPosts: 141Gear list
Like?
Re: Best budget prime?
In reply to jamiegoldsworthy, 9 months ago

Ah you all posted while I was typing

Thanks for your advice! Is there places you could recommend on-line for sourcing used within the UK or that ship here?

So general consensus looks like the Sigma 19mm!

I would love the 45 1.8 but it is still a little steep for me at this point, however legacy lenses are something that hadn't even crossed my mind, Is there certain ones that work best with micro 4/3. Does using adapters and such affect the focal length of the lens?

Thanks all so much!

Inexpensive adapters don't change the actual focal length of legacy lenses, so a 50mm prime is still 50mm on your m43 body, giving the same field of view as a 100mm lens in 35 terms.

Adapters are available for just about any imaginable mount, one advantage of the short flange distance of m43. Look for a 35mm f1.7 C-mount prime from Chinese sellers on eBay for $30 shipped, including the adapter. Blunty has a video on YouTube that will give you an idea of what to expect with the lens. You won't have autofocus or exif data, but it's certainly an affordable entry point for shallow DOF.

On eBay whatever you're looking for lens wise, check the seller's feedback and shy away from anyone below 99.7% positive, in my opinion. Though right now eBay seems to be favoring the buyer in any disputes, so don't be too worried about it.

Good luck with whatever you end up with!
--
Believe The Pictures

EGenius007's gear list:EGenius007's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow