Nikon's D700 a balanced camera for image quality, value, pro handling and MP.

Started 8 months ago | User reviews thread
DenWil
Senior MemberPosts: 1,508
Like?
Why?
In reply to ScottRH, 8 months ago

ScottRH wrote:

Fact remains.

It is clear customers want a D700 replacement, and the D610, D800/E, and D4s are not it.

If the D700 has the trick AF,  the perfect sensor, the frames per second, the ergonomics, the build quality...

Why do they want a replacement?  The posts do not start with my last D700 body died a permanent death and I have 7  f2 or faster mint primes.

It would seem for folks asking for great AF, 24MP,  the option of a grip  for 3G's-  the obvious answer is the Canon 5D3. If the poster whose figures show the average Nikon owner  has 1.5 lenses,  changing brands  is no heartache.

The actual facts via a chart currently on Amazon - the D800 is less $ than a D700 new,   has more MP (36 vs. 12),  bigger LCD (3.2 vs 3),  better storage, is smaller, weighs less,  and FPS  are 4 vs. 5. Wow.  Frankly , if that one frame per second difference kills the ability to get the shot,  you're inept.

By all criteria as I read it  the D800 is the upgrade to the D700 except for 1 less frame per second.  1.

Of course Amazon could have all the facts wrong.  Ya'll need a 710.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Why?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow