Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Tony Bonanno
Contributing MemberPosts: 717Gear list
Like?
X-T1 RAW in Capture One and ACR 8.4 Beta - Initial Observation
7 months ago

Just finished doing a quick and dirty comparison of C1's latest release (7.2.1) with Adobe's ACR 8.4 beta with X-T1 RAW files. I don't know if Adobe has actually tweaked the X processing a bit further, but I'm finding the two conversion engines are so close now that I don't see that C1 offers any real advantages, at least in terms of detail and rendering of foliage (maybe in some other areas related to color tweaking). I also think the new adobe engine, at it's default settings, offers more "accurate color", although I realize that many users like C1's more punchy default color. C1 is a great program, but my workflow is based on Lightroom. I hope Adobe releases LR 5.4 (or 5.4 release candidate) soon.

BTW, the ACR beta (and Lightroom when ready) also incorporates user selectable profiles for RAW conversion that mimic the Fuji film settings, a nice touch.

Two files attached, high res low compression jpegs, C1 with default settings, ACR with a small amount of sharpening (to offset Adobe's soft default).

ACR 8.4 beta

Capture One 7.2.1

-- hide signature --

Tony Bonanno Photography, Santa Fe, New Mexico
ASMP Professional Member
www.bonannophoto.com

Tony Bonanno's gear list:Tony Bonanno's gear list
Nikon D800E Fujifilm X-E2
Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow