What else is happening before the first curtain on E-M1?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Guy Parsons
Forum ProPosts: 18,291Gear list
Like?
Need 1,000 fps at least.....
In reply to Anders W, 4 months ago

Anders W wrote:

What about shooting a video of the sequence with another camera and play it back frame by frame?

In the past I've done a 1,000 fps video of the E-PL5 shutter in action, but it definitely needs something better than my Casio ZR1000 to do that as things are still blurred frame by frame.

All I see in normal E-PL5 shutter operation is the shutter closing (with a huge amount of bounce) to darken the sensor and clear it, then the shutter curtains run, then the shutter stays closed for about 1/10 second for the unload time, then back to live view.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m36/photoguy340/dprstuff/epl5shutter2_zps60fc6f28.gif

Very low resolution and slowed down of course in this animated gif (which, darn it, DPReview can't display here like it could before).

If only Olympus would lend me cameras to play with and then I could try E-M1 and E-M10 and see how they operate.....

Regards.... Guy

Guy Parsons's gear list:Guy Parsons's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Casio Exilim EX-ZR1000 +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow