XT1 - Truly Superior IQ

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Alohaman
Contributing MemberPosts: 513Gear list
Like?
Re: XT1 - Truly Superior IQ
In reply to Photo-Wiz, 5 months ago

Quite a read!

I'm either lucky or stupid (or both). All the enthusiast-grade equipment I have today is SO MUCH BETTER than what I had for the first 55 years of taking my photos. I feel so lucky to have the equipment I have regardless of "deficiencies" each may have.  So all the nit-picking/pixel-peaking I read is mainly noise to me. We really have it good. Paraphrasing Napoleon: "The enemy of a good camera is the perfect camera". I'm satisfied with good because there is no perfect camera.

Sensor? I've had 7 digital cameras since 2004 (still have 4) and the Fuji X100s with its X-Trans sensor is the only one I know about because of all the noise in forums. Before that I thought X-Trans was a 60's muscle car (Trans X for you young'ins) and Baeyer was an aspirin. The type of sensor inside the camera is really irrelevant to me. Once Lightroom can handle the RAW conversion, I naively pp my photos and go merrily along

Alohaman's gear list:Alohaman's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Canon EOS 650D Olympus E-M1 Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow