BrianYarvin
Regular MemberPosts: 268
Like?
Re: Perhaps THAT is the difference?
In reply to PenguinPhotoCo, 7 months ago

PenguinPhotoCo wrote:

You and kirk write and sell books.

Penguin:

Indeed we - and thousands of others - do too. I can't speak for Kirk, but for me, books are an important part of my market. Put another way, my books aren't about what I do, they ARE what I do. Defining your market means more than knowing the neighborhood you live in. What if there's something in your town that people in other parts of the country might be interested in? That's your market too.

What books and magazines are your potential clients reading? How does the photography in them influence their purchasing habits? Is your photography in those publications? And if not, why not?

And consider ... if you are shooting weddings, does the work you present to brides live up to the quality standards that are set by the magazines she reads? And your seniors? Are they looking as good in their photos as the TV and movie stars who's photos hang in their bedrooms? They're bombarded with great photography! That's your competition!

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
???New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow