Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
skyglider
Senior MemberPosts: 2,881Gear list
Like?
Re: there is another way
In reply to CAcreeks, 4 months ago

CAcreeks wrote:

skyglider wrote:

I'm debating whether to buy a monitor with native 2560 x 1440 resolution. I'm running Windows 7 Pro. I'm concerned that text on a 2560x1440 res monitor will be too small for my older eyes.

I know that Win7 has a text size adjustment using:

• Screen Resolution > Make text and other items larger or smaller > Choice of Smaller, Medium, or Larger.

I'm currently using "Medium" because I notice that if I use "Larger", sometimes text can look a bit blurry.

There are better, perhaps even easier methods, to get larger fonts on a W7 screen. The Medium/Larger thing requires logoff.

Right-click on the desktop and choose Personalize, then click the Window Color [sic] icon at bottom.

In the Item drop-down menu, go through all the items that show a font below. There are 8 of them on my W7 machine. Changing to Tahoma 20 point size will make almost everything readable, I guarantee it.** You might prefer 18 or 16.

** Any software that follows Microsoft API rules, which includes most Adobe software in recent years.

Hi CAcreeks,

I tried the method you suggested and on my Win7 system it only affects the text size for selected items like icon text, menu, etc.  The small/medium/larger thing affects all text rather than selected items.

But thanks for mentioning the Window Color method as it will come in handy for targeted text size changes.

Sky

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow